The Himalayan Mountains are very useful for our country, India. Some of the significance of the Himalayan Mountains are listed below:
1. They from a natural wall along the northern borders, which is difficult to cross. They also protect us from cold winds coming from the north.
2. The rivers originating from the Himalayas carry fertile soil from the mountains to the plains. They also help in generating hydroelectricity.
3. These mountains check the rain-bearing monsoon winds and thus cause enough rainfall in many parts of India.
4. The forests provide valuable wood and herbs and are also a natural home to many kinds of birds and animals.
5. Many health resorts and holy places have been developed, which are visited by thousands of people every year.